Tricky Riddles with answers to probably challenge yourself or friends with? Well, you have it. My name is Wendy and I bring you some of the best tricky riddles with answers. There are also funny and easy riddles everyone will love including kids.
Because overall user-experience on this site matters a lot to us, I have divided the riddles and answers into sections. I believe you’ll love these brain-racking riddles. Please share with friends if you find them interesting.
The types of riddles
- Tricky riddles with answers
- Riddles and answers for kids
- Who am I, what am I riddles
- What is it
- Riddles about animals
- Suproliglicatiousspenuvaliancia – how do you spell it?
- What is black, white and pink all over?
- Why didn’t the hot dog star in the movies?
- Have you heard about the restaurant on the moon?
- How do rabbits travel?
- In which month do monkeys play football?
- What did the outlaw get when he stole a calendar?
- Which footballer wears the biggest helmet?
- Why can’t you play basketball with pigs?
- What is the best thing to do if a bull charges you?
- “I T” (it)
- An embarrassed zebra
- The roll was not good enough
- Great food, but no atmosphere
- By hare plane
- Twelve months
- The one with the biggest head
- Because they hog the ball
- Pay the bull
This link goes to a beautiful convo section of funny riddles and answers you definitely wanna download. Click here to see and leave comments.
Although all riddles are questions formed in a metaphorical manner, some are more tricky and difficult than others. The answer may be a simple one, but the question is tricky in such a manner that it may take a lot of thinking for a person to come up with the correct answer.
Here are tricky riddles with answers that will definitely make you put your thinking cap on!
- Who is the fastest runner in the whole world?
- How many seconds are there in a year?
- What kind of room has no doors?
- A lawyer, a plumber and a hat maker were walking down the street. Who had the biggest hat?
- What is the center of Gravity?
- If two is company and three is crowd, what are four and five?
- Jack rode into town on Friday and rode out two days later on Friday. How can that be possible?
- What is something you’ll never see again?
- What goes through towns and over hills but never moves?
- Blue lives in the blue house, Mr. pink lives in the pink house, and Mr. Brown lives in the brown house. Who lives in the white house?
- Adam. Because he was the first in the human race
- (12) – January 2nd, February 2nd, March 2nd, April 2nd, May 2nd,…
- A mushroom
- The one with the biggest head
- The letter ‘V’
- Friday is his horse’s name
- A road
- The President
Tricky riddles with answers 2
- Tear of my skin, I won’t cry but you will. What am I?
- If there are three apples and you take away two, how many do you have?
- You answer me, though I never ask you questions. What am I?
- What begins with T, ends with T and has T in it?
- Which English word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
- What is white when dirty and black when clean?
- What has 88 keys but can’t open a single door?
- I’m often served but never eaten. What am I?
- I am black when you buy me, I become red when you’re using me, and white when you dump me. What am I?
- How many bricks does it take to complete a building made of brick?
- Two, because you took away two
- A telephone
- A Blackboard
- A piano
- A tennis ball
- Only one – the ‘last’ one
Funny but tricky riddles with answers
- Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?
- What is the longest word in the dictionary?
- Why did the bumblebee put honey under his pillow?
- What kind of cup can’t hold water?
- What are two things you cannot have for breakfast?
- What has many rings but no fingers?
- Why isn’t your nose twelve inches long?
- What bank never has any money?
- When is a car not a car?
- Why is the Mississippi such an unusual river?
- Neither. They both weigh one pound
- Smiles, because there is a mile between each ‘s’
- He wanted to have sweet dreams
- A cupcake
- Lunch and dinner
- A telephone
- Because then, you cannot kiss
- The Riverbank
- When it is parked
- Because it has four eyes but cannot even see
You may also like these videos on tricky riddles.
Short funny riddles from Riddles, Jokes & Comedy
- Why couldn’t the sailors play cards?
- What did one potato chip say to the other?
- What did the beach say when the tide came in?
- What does an invisible man drink at snack time?
- What do you call a man who does not have all his fingers on one hand?
- What is the best cure for dandruff?
- What do you call a funny book about eggs?
- Why was the belt arrested?
- What did the chewing gum say to the shoe?
- Why are teddy bears never hungry?
- The captain was standing on the deck
- Shall we go for a dip?
- Long time, no sea
- Evaporated milk
- Normal – You have fingers on both hands
- Yolk book
- For holding up the pants
- I am stuck on you
- Because they’re always stuffed
Short funny riddles 2
- How many sides are there to a circle?
- What’s as big as elephant but weighs 0kg?
- What has a tail and a head but no body?
- What is yours but is used much more often by friends and family?
- What has two legs but cannot walk?
- What falls down but never get wounded?
- What gets wet when drying?
- What do you call a camel with 4 humps?
- What gets broken the very moment you call its name?
- What English word is spelled wrong?
- Two. The inside and the outside
- The elephant’s shadow
- A nickel
- Your name
- A pair of trousers
Short funny riddles 3
- Which word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly?
- What do you call a fairy that has not taken a bath?
- Why did the woman wear a helmet at the dinner table?
- Name three days consecutively where none of the seven days appears
- What three letters can turn a girl into a woman?
- How can someone walk for 8 days without sleeping?
- Where does Friday always come before Thursday?
- What has three ways out and just one way in?
- What goes up when water comes down?
- What has one eye, four legs, and half an anus?
- Stinker Bell
- Because of her crash diet
- Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
- He sleeps only at night
- In a dictionary
- A T-shirt
- An umbrella
- Half a lobster
Short funny riddles 4
- What is served but never eaten?
- I can hear anything but you never hear me say a word. What am I?
- What table can you eat?
- On which side do chickens have the most feathers?
- What insect needs to eat the least?
- What’s got feathers but no wings?
- What spends most of its time on the ground but never gets dirty?
- In what glasses shouldn’t you pour pineapple juice?
- When does a man really like being alone?
- Why can’t the T-rex clap?
- A volleyball
- Your ear
- On the outside
- The Moth. It only eats holes
- Your pillow
- The already full ones
- When he becomes an heir
- Because he’s extinct
Short funny riddles 5
- I see an ocean but no water. Where am I?
- Where do you go in through one hole and come out through two holes at the same time?
- Peter’s smartphone fell into a big mug of coffee but did not get wet. How did this happen?
- What is dirty after washing?
- What hard rock group has four dudes but neither of them plays guitar?
- When can a man walk on water?
- Who earns money without working a single day?
- Who can smell without a nose?
- Why do people build new houses?
- What’s the difference between a car and a toilet paper?
- In front of a world map
- It was coffee powder
- Your bath water
- Mount Rushmore
- When the water gets really cold
- The night watchman
- The cheese
- Because it’s impossible to build old ones
- It’s perfectly OK to buy a used car
Short funny riddles 6
- Who lives an exhausting life?
- What do you call the fruits of anger?
- Who is the biggest victim of the yo-yo effect?
- What nails are a pain to hammer into woods?
- What animal turns about 200 times around its axis after it dies?
- Which lion is a very good swimmer?
- How many months in the year have 28 days?
- Who eats a lot of iron but never gets sick?
- When a child is going to school for the first time, where will it sit?
- What has 6 feet and sings?
- The exhaust
- The moon. It gains and loses every month
- Your fingernails
- A roast chicken
- The sea-lion
- All of them
- Nowhere. It is still going
- The singing trio
Tricky ‘What am I’ riddles 1
These tricky ‘what am I’ riddles work well for riddle lovers of every age. Come on get started racking your brains.
- The more you take from me, the bigger I become. What am I?
- I have four legs but never run. What am I?
- You can hold but can’t touch me. What am I?
- The harder you hit me, the greater I become. What am I?
- I can only go up. What am I?
- I am a word if you pronounce me rightly, I am wrong. If you pronounce me wrong, I am right. What word am I?
- I neither have eyes, nose, ears nor tongue yet I can see, smell, hear and taste. What am I?
- I don’t have wings but I can fly. I don’t have eyes but I do cry. What am I?
- I do not hear and I cannot say a single word yet, I always tell the truth. What am I?
- I go around cities, towns, and villages but I never come inside. What am I?
- A hole
- A chair
- A conversation
- A crater
- A mirror
- A street
Tricky ‘What am I’ riddles 2
- I have lots of memories, but I own nothing. What am I?
- I have no legs. I will never walk but always run. What am I?
- I have no life, but I can die, what am I?
- I have rivers but do not have water. I have dense forests, but no trees and animals. I have cities, but no people live in those cities. What am I?
- I never ask questions, but always answered. What am I?
- I was born big, but as the day passes, as I get older, I become small. What am I?
- I will always come, never arrive today. What am I?
- I am full of keys, but I cannot open any door. What am I?
- I’m the end of the colorful rainbow. What am I?
- When you eat me, you’ll die. The poor have me and the rich need me. What am I?
- A photo frame
- A river
- A battery
- A map
- A doorbell
- A candle
- A piano
Tricky ‘What am I’ riddles 3
- If you give me water, I will die. What am I?
- Many times you need me. The more and more you take me further, the more and more you leave me behind. What am I?
- People buy me to eat, but never eat me. What am I?
- The one who makes me does not need me when he makes me. The one who buys me does not use me for himself or herself. The one who uses me doesn’t know that he or she is using me. What am I?
- When the water comes down, when it rains, I go up. What am I?
- You can break me easily without even touching me or seeing me. What am I?
- You will throw me away when you want to use me. You will take me in when you don’t want to use me. What am I?
- I am tall when I am young and I am short when I am old. What am I?
- I have no bones and no legs, but if you keep me warm, I will soon walk away. What am I?
- If I drink, I die. If I eat, I am fine. What am I?
- A plate
- A coffin
- An umbrella
- A promise
- An anchor
- A candle
- An egg
- An egg
Fun and tricky animals riddles with answers
- I can sizzle like bacon, I am made with an egg, and I have plenty of backbone, but lack a good leg. I peel layers like onions, but still remain whole; I can be long, like a flagpole, yet fit in a hole. What am I?
- A horse is on a 24-foot chain and wants an apple that is 26 feet away. How can the horse get to the apple?
- A frog jumped into a pot of cream and started treading. He soon felt something solid under his feet and was able to hop out of the pot. What did the frog feel under his feet?
- What two keys can’t open any doors?
- What is the greatest worldwide use of cowhide?
- What has a horn but does not honk?
- What can honk without a horn?
- Why do dragons sleep all day?
- What fur do we get from a Tiger?
- What is as big as an elephant, but weighs nothing at all?
- What always sleeps with its shoes on?
- What has two heads, four eyes, six legs, and a tail?
- What does a cat have that no other animal has?
- A snake
- The chain is not attached to anything.
- The frog felt butter under his feet because he churned the cream and made butter.
- A donkey and a monkey
- To cover cows
- A rhinoceros
- A goose
- They like to hunt knights.
- As fur away as possible!
- The shadow of an elephant
- A horse
- A cowboy riding his horse
And by the way, if you really love fun facts that much, I think you might want to take a peek at some really interesting fun fact facts rytHere.
Hard, tricky riddles with answers 1
- How can you physically stand behind your father while he is standing behind you?
- What can you hold in your right hand but never in your left hand?
- What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
- First, you eat me, then you get eaten. Who am I?
- How is seven different from the rest of the numbers between one and ten?
- First, think of the color of clouds. Next, think of the color of snow. Now, think of the color of a bright full moon. Now answer quickly: what do cows drink?
- This belongs to you, but everyone else uses it more than you do.
- What are the next three letters in this combination? “O T T F F S S.”
- A is the sister of B. Bi s the brother of C. C is the father of D. How is D related to A?
- How many letters are in the alphabet?
- You are standing back-to-back with your dad
- Your left hand
- The letter “M.”
- A fishhook
- Seven has two syllables but the other numbers only have one syllable
- Your name
- E N T (Each letter represents the first letter in the written numbers: One, Two, Three, Four, Five, etc.)
- A is D’s aunt
- There are 11 letters (t,h,e, a,l,p,h,a,b,e,t)
Hard, tricky riddles with answers 2
- How can the number ‘4’ be half of ‘5’?
- A girl has many brothers as sisters, but each brother has only half as many brothers as sisters. How many brothers and sisters are there in the family?
- I come from a mine and get surrounded by wood always. What am I?
- A woman shoots her husband, then hold him underwater for five minutes. Next, she hangs him. Right after, they enjoy a lovely dinner. Explain.
- What English word has three consecutive double letters?
- What English word does the following: the first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four letters signify a great man, while the entire word signifies a great woman. What is the word?
- You see a boat filled with people. It has not sunk, but when you look again you don’t see a single person on the boat. Why?
- What is seen in the middle of March and April that can’t be seen at the beginning or end of either month?
- I have cities but no houses, mountains but no trees, and water but no fish. What am I?
- You measure my life in hours and I serve you by expiring. I’m quick when I’m thin and slow when I’m fat. The wind is my enemy.
- IV, the Roman numeral for four, which is “half” (two letters) of the word five
- Four sisters and three brothers
- Pencil lead
- She took a picture of him and developed it in her dark room
- All the people were married
- The letter “R”
- A map
- A candle
You’ll also love these: Hard riddles and answers videos.
Easy but tricky riddles with answers for kids
- How can a pants pocket be empty and still have something in it?
- Why is an island like the letter T?
- A monkey, a squirrel, and a bird are racing to the top of a coconut tree. Who will get the banana first, the monkey, the squirrel, or the bird?
- How do you make the number one disappear?
- What invention lets you look right through a wall?
- If you threw a white stone into the Red Sea, what would it become?
- What is the last thing you take off before bed?
- Why do bees hum?
- Why did Mickey Mouse become an astronaut?
- Where do cows go for their holidays?
- What do lazy dogs do for fun?
- It can have a hole in it.
- Because it is in the middle of water.
- None of them, because you cannot get a banana from a coconut tree!
- Add the letter G and it’s “gone”
- A window
- Your feet off the floor
- Because they do not know the words
- He wanted to visit Pluto.
- Moo York
- Chase parked cars
Tricky ‘What Is It’ Riddles with answers 1
- If I have it, I do not share it. If I share it, I don’t have it. What is it?
- We see it once in a year, twice in a week, and never in a day. What is it?
- The more you take away, the larger it becomes? What is it?
- It lives without a body, hears without ears, speaks without a mouth, and is born in air. What is it?
- It has been around for millions of years, but it is no more than a month old. What is it?
- You can keep it only after giving it away to someone else. What is it?
- It stands on one leg with its heart in its head. What is it?
- Throw away the outside and cook the inside, then eat the outside and throw away the inside. What is it?
- The more it dries, the wetter it becomes. What is it?
- It is higher without the head than with it. What is it?
- A secret
- The letter “E”
- A hole
- An echo
- The moon
- Your word
- A cabbage
- Corn on the cob – because you throw away the husk, cook and eat the kernels, and throw away the cob.
- A pillow
Tricky ‘What Is It’ Riddles with answers 2
- It has hands but cannot clap? What is it?
- This travels around the world but stays in one spot? What is it?
- It gets beaten, and whipped, but never cries? What is it?
- It has a hundred limbs, but cannot walk? What is it?
- It has eyes that cannot see, a tongue that cannot taste, and a soul that cannot die. What is it?
- A clock
- A stamp
- An egg
- A tree
- A shoe
More riddles and answers in cute convos
Again the name is Wendy and I believe you’ve so far loved our riddles. This page gives you some good riddles and answers in images you can easily save to your phone or pc. Your opinions and contributions are very essential to us and you can write them here. And for dirty riddles, please go here if only you’re plus 18. But wait we’re not done yet. Before you go, you need to take a look at the last section.
Long tricky riddles with answers
After gnashing your teeth on these riddles, I recommend you take a look at much longer riddles here.
1. A dad and his son were riding their bikes and crashed. Two ambulances came and took them to different hospitals. The man’s son was in the operating room and the doctor said, “I can’t operate on you. You’re my son.” How is that possible? Answer: The doctor is his mom!
2. The first man is the master of priceless gems; The second man is the master of love; The third man is the master of shovels; The fourth man is the master of big sticks; Who are they? Answer: The kings in a deck of cards.
3. A monkey, a squirrel, and a bird are racing to the top of a coconut tree. Who will get the banana first, the monkey, the squirrel, or the bird? Answer: None of them, because you cannot get a banana from a coconut tree!
4. In a one-story pink house, there was a pink person, a pink cat, a pink fish, a pink computer, a pink chair, a pink table, a pink telephone, a pink shower– everything was pink! What color were the stairs? Answer: There were not any stairs; it was a one-story house!
5. The Smith family is a very wealthy family that lives in a big, circular home. One morning, Mr. Smith woke up and saw a strawberry jam stain on his new carpet. He figured out that everyone who was there that morning had a jam sandwich. By reading the following excuses, figure out who spilled the jam. Billy Smith: “I was outside playing basketball.”The Maid: “I was dusting the corners of the house.”Chef: “I was starting to make lunch for later.”Who is lying? Answer: It was the maid. The house is circular; it has no corners.
6. Bobby throws a ball as hard as he can. It comes back to him, even though nothing and nobody touches it. How? Answer: He throws it straight up.
7. They come out at night without being called and are lost in the day without being stolen. What are they? Answer: Stars.
8. A cloud is my mother, the wind is my father, my son is the cool stream, and my daughter is the fruit of the land. A rainbow is my bed, the earth my final resting place, and I am the torment of man. Answer: Rain.
9. A question in math class: you two apples in your hand and then you add another four apples in the same hand. What do you have? Answer: A very big hand.
10. A guy is driving down the road, his headlights are off, there is no moon. There’s a guy dressed all in black standing in the middle of the road, facing away from the car. The guy in the car swerves and doesn’t hit the guy dressed all in black. How come? Answer: It happened at 1:30 pm.
I believe you got just what you wanted: Tricky riddles with answers that got your head rolling. There were a lot of easy and funny ones too. If you’ve not shared these riddles already, please use the buttons below. Thank you.